Whilst fundraising for Orchid and your safety is extremely important to us!
Remember – this list is not exhaustive. Think – is it safe, is it appropriate, is it legal? If you are unsure, give us a call on 020 3745 7317 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please consider the following guidelines when fundraising for Orchid:
- Ensure that your event is organised efficiently and safely. Download our event checklist for some more top tips
- Get in contact with your local authority regarding whether you need any special licences, such as a public entertainment licence or a licence to sell alcohol
- Make sure your event is sufficiently staffed including volunteers. If there are children at your event, please consider:
- whether there is adequate adult supervision
- carrying out background checks
- When counting money at the end of the event or collection, ensure that there are two people present!
- All money collected should be sent to Orchid within 6 weeks. Head on over to xxxx for ways to pay in your amazing life changing cash.
- There are strict laws relating to raffles and lotteries which should be carefully followed. For full guidelines please check with your local authority or visit gamblingcommission.gov.uk for more info.
- Any street collection or a collection on public property needs to be registered with your local authority who will issue a collection licence. Anyone under 16 (or 18 in London) is not permitted to collect money on behalf of Orchid through a public collection.
- Orchid cannot accept any accountability for your event, or anyone participating in it