Trusts and Foundations
Could your Charitable Trust or Foundation support Orchid?
Orchid is very grateful for the support of the many Charitable Trusts and Foundations whose grants are having a significant impact across all areas of our work.
These contributions enable Orchid to invest in the best possible research to discover new ways to detect male cancer, develop new treatments and to find strategies to improve survival. They also help us raise awareness of male cancers to save men’s lives, and to support men and their families who are affected by these devastating diseases.
Your support could help Orchid save lives
We need your help to achieve our goals.
If you are a Trustee or have links with a Charitable Trust, we hope you will be able to help. We have a range of projects which need funding, including:
- Orchid’s Male Cancer Nurse Specialists offering vital telephone, email and face-to-face support to men and families
- Orchid’s Freephone National Male Cancer Helpline staffed by Orchid Nurses
- Orchid’s Education and Awareness programme, reaching out across the UK into the heart of local communities, schools and workplaces to raise awareness of the signs and symptoms of male cancers and to encourage an early diagnosis
- Pioneering research into the causes, prevention and treatment of male cancers carried out by world class scientists
- Specialist leaflets and information to help people learn about male cancers, including the risk factors, signs and symptoms and practical ways to live after cancer
- Orchid’s work to support men affected by the rare but devastating in its impact, penile cancer
- Opportunities to support black African and black Caribbean men most at risk of prostate cancer
- Orchid’s annual Male Cancer Awareness Week which is a valuable opportunity to improve awareness of the warning signs of male cancers, to highlight Orchid’s services and to campaign for improvements in male cancer services.
Please choose to make a grant to Orchid
More men in the UK are being diagnosed each year with prostate, testicular or penile cancer, and every grant we receive enables us to invest in projects to benefit men at risk of or affected by these cancers. Your support now would be important to us, and to men of all ages across the UK.
If you already give to Orchid, thank you for your wonderful support which is so valuable to us. Each and every grant makes a tangible difference.
What Orchid can offer your Trust or Foundation
- Tailored projects which meet your areas of interest
- Opportunities to fund one off or multi-year projects
- The chance to meet our Male Cancer Information Nurse Specialists to learn about their work and to hear about the difference it makes
- Opportunities to meet our researchers, tour the Orchid Research Tissue Bank and learn more about our research programme
- Regular updates to meet your reporting requirements showing the impact your support is making
If you would like to support us, please contact Orchid’s Trusts and Statutory Manager for more information
Telephone: 020 3745 7310
Write: Margaid Gosschalk, Trusts and Statutory Manager, Orchid, 60 Gray’s Inn Road, London, WC1X 8AQ