Closing date: 1st March 2017
Become an Orchid Ambassador and you will be helping to put the issue of male specific cancer on the map in your local area!
If you have a few hours spare a week then being an Ambassador might be just for you. The role can involve any of the following activities;
- Organising fundraising activities and events in your local community.
- Distributing and collecting Orchid collection tins and awareness materials throughout local businesses, community centres, shops and pubs in your area.
- Delivering short talks in your area about Orchid and the work we do (after attending training sessions)
- Hosting awareness stands if we receive a request locally to you.
- Attending large events such as the Virgin Money London Marathon and being part of our fantastic cheer team.
- Organising bucket collections.
- Attending local cheque presentations on behalf of Orchid and meeting supporters face to face.
Why not even encourage your friends, family and other members of the community to join you to form a group of enthusiastic Orchid supporters. After all, more hands make light work.
- A passion for the work that Orchid supports and willingness to be proactive.
- Ability to show empathy and compassion with those directly affected by male specific cancers.
- Comfortable with public speaking in order to represent the charity
- The ability to orchestrate fundraising activities and spread awareness through your personal network and local community.
What you’ll get in return
- Training from the team at Orchid HQ
- Plenty of opportunities for ambassadors to deliver talks and raise life changing cash for Orchid
- Continued support from an allocated member of the Community Fundraising Team
- Access to Orchid resources to aid fundraising efforts including exclusive Orchid Ambassador items e.g. t-shirt, pin badge.
- Reimbursement if travel expenses are incurred
We run various training days throughout the year for our ambassadors.
The next training day will be: Saturday 26th November 2016 at 10.30am-4pm in London
To find out more and to register your interest in becoming an Ambassador, please complete the form below.