Small Change, Big Difference
As part of Orchid’s Male Cancer Awareness Week, Orchid will be building on last year’s launch of our campaign Small Change, Big Difference. The campaign is designed to increase awareness around the UK of prostate, testicular and penile cancer. Be sure to follow us on all our social media for updates!
As well as increasing awareness around the signs and symptoms of these 3 cancers, we are asking everyone to make a big difference and raise vital funds for our services. Whether you go to a local gym and fancy setting yourself an early Autumn challenge, or whether you organise something at your place of work and get your colleagues and boss involved or whether you are part of a school, community group or social club, please do get involved, every pound raised will help ensure that our dads, brothers, sons, uncles, friends and colleagues get the care and support they deserve.
To register your interest, please contact our events Team.
For corporate interests, please contact our corporate partnership manager, Hannah
There are many ways to get involved in Small Change, Big Difference and raise funds. Every pound raised will make a difference and help us to be there for people affected by or living with prostate, testicular or penile cancer.
Whether you want to raise funds in your workplace, in your local gym, within your community group or with your children, we have some ideas below to help you!
You can set up a Just Giving page and ask your friends, family and colleagues to help you raise funds. Alternatively, you can donate directly through Orchid’s donate page.
- Take turns to buy coffees and everyone in your team makes a donation
- Dress down day
- Swap roles for the day
- Donate an hour of your pay to Orchid
- Organise a night at the races and ask for donations
- Peloton, running or rowing machine challenge at work
- Organise a talk and walk at lunch, ask your colleagues to make a donation and get people talking, whether it’s about male cancer or the weather, spending some time outdoors during the day can have so many benefits.
- A pub quiz or bingo night
- Enroll in payroll giving – ask us for more information on an easy way to raise funds for Orchid via your employer, it’s a simple and effective (and easy!) way to make a contribute
Don’t forget to ask your employer to match fund the generous donations.
Do you attend a place of worship, a luncheon club, a Rotary club, a Round Table, the WI or a sports club? Are you involved with your local Scouts, Guides or any other community group? If so, there is an endless list of activities you could do to raise money and bring people in your community together to talk about prostate, testicular and penile cancers and increase awareness within your community.
This is a list of ideas for you:
- Organise a raffle or an auction
- Host a coffee morning, a bake sale or a dinner with friends in aid of Orchid.
- Add on a sports match or a race to an existing event with a charity twist
- Organise a special music night or a quiz at your local pub
Anything you enjoy can be turned into a fundraiser – you could organise a sponsored walk, dog walk, cycle, run, swim or a month of activity such as keeping fit with HIIT classes, yoga, anything you enjoy!
You can challenge yourself for the week or month. Your challenge can be starting something new, or giving up something. This can be a great incentive for people to encourage you and to donate to Orchid.
You may have an upcoming birthday, a special anniversary or remembering someone special.
No matter how you choose to help raise funds for Orchid and raise awareness of Prostate, Testicular and Penile cancer, the Team will support you in any way we can.
If you are concerned or going through one of these cancer diagnosis, or someone you know is, and need to talk you can contact our freephone confidential helpline 0808 802 0010 on Monday, Wednesday and Friday between 9am and 5pm. Alternatively, email email@example.com and someone will get back to you as soon as possible.