Your safety is extremely important to us when you are fundraising on our behalf!
The following fundraising guidelines should help you to raise money in a safe, responsible and in a legal way.
With all our fundraising, there are important considerations:
- Is it safe?
- Is it appropriate?
- Is it legal?
This list is not exhaustive too. If you are unsure, give us a call on 020 3745 7317 or email email@example.com
Guidelines for Raising Money
Please consider the following guidelines when fundraising for Orchid:
- Ensure that your event is organised efficiently and safely. Download our events checklist for some more tips.
- Get in contact with your local authority about whether you need any special licences, such as a public entertainment licence or a licence to sell alcohol.
- Make sure your event is sufficiently staffed with volunteers.
- If there are children at your event, please consider:
- whether there is adequate adult supervision.
- carrying out background checks.
- When counting money at the end of the event or collection, ensure that there are two people present!
- All money collected should be sent to Orchid within six weeks – please give us a call on how best to do this.
- There are strict laws relating to raffles and lotteries which should be carefully followed. For full guidelines, please check with your local authority or visit gamblingcommission.gov.uk for more information.
- Any street collection or a collection on public property needs to be registered with your local authority who will issue a collection licence. Anyone under 16 (or 18 in London) is not permitted to collect money on behalf of Orchid through a public collection.
- Orchid cannot accept any accountability for your event or for anyone participating in it.
We also make a fundraising promise to you. You can read it here.
If you are unsure about any of the points mentioned above, please get in touch with a member of the community fundraising team on: